Saturday, May 30, 2015

Around The World ARC Tours Presents Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian


Synopsis:

Will Caynes never has been good with girls. At seventeen, he’s still waiting for his first kiss. He’s certainly not expecting it to happen in a drunken make-out session with his best friend, Angus. But it does and now Will’s conflicted—he knows he likes girls, but he didn’t exactly hate kissing a guy.

Then Will meets Brandy, a cute and easy-to-talk-to sophomore. He’s totally into her too—which proves, for sure, that he’s not gay. So why does he keep hooking up with Angus on the sly?

Will knows he can’t keep seeing both of them, but besides his new job in a diner, being with Brandy and Angus are the best parts of his whole messed-up life. His divorced parents just complicate everything. His father, after many half-baked business ventures and endless house renovations, has started drinking again. And his mom is no help—unless loading him up with a bunch of stuff he doesn’t need plus sticking him with his twin half-sisters counts as parenting. He’s been bouncing between both of them for years, and neither one feels like home.

Deciding who to love, who to choose, where to live. Whichever way Will goes, someone will get hurt. Himself, probably the most.

Goodreads:


Review:

Cut Both Ways is one of those books that captures your heart right from the beginning. Yes it is a story that may not be for some but every one should give it a try.

You have a straight guy who has a gay friend. They hang out together and every thing is normal between them until one day the lines are crossed for them and one is more confused than the other. For Will he is straight in his mind and heart but when it comes to Angus Will is not sure how he feels about him and what he wants from him.

As the summer wraps up and the new school year starts Will decides that he will get a girlfriend and prove to himself that he is not gay. This does not work because he is living a lie because he cares for Angus and he cares for his girlfriend. So what is Will to do? He is not sure why he loves both Angus and his girlfriend but he knows he is cut both ways and there is nothing he can do about it.

About Author:

I’ve worked as a teacher in both public and private schools; my writing has appeared in the StarTribune, Brain, Child magazine, Calyx, and other web and print publications. I teach teenagers about writing at The Loft Literary Center in Minneapolis. However, the best job I ever had was when I worked in a thrift store pawing through donations of cast-off junk. Loved that job so much.

My first two books, Sex & Violence  Perfectly Good White Boy were published by Carolrhoda LAB.

My third book, Cut Both Ways, (HarperCollins), will be released September 2015.

All these books are young adult novels with male narrators. Maybe I will do a girl narrator next? Who the hell knows?

I wish I could report all sorts of cute quirky things that I do, but really, I’m kind of boring. I read a lot and never really go anywhere and don’t see that changing ever. Probably I should get some hobbies or something? Sometimes I crochet stuff.

Oh, wait! Here is a picture of me looking dastardly! But it’s really just because my hair’s wet and I just busted out a new beautiful Benefit Brow pencil. I kind of have a thing about cosmetics and beauty products, if you want to know the truth.


I live with Adrian, my husband, Matilda, my daughter, and Pablo, my dog. All of whom are super interesting, actually. Built-in entertainment, really.

Oh! Here’s me answering “Hostile Questions” for The Booklist Reader. That might be helpful.

Also, I am represented by this very excellent person named Michael Bourret at DGLM. He does all my business-y things. Like, in case you want to pay me stacks of cash to make up stories or would like me to blurb your book or whatever.

If you have questions, my email’s below and Pablo will handle it. He knows next to nothing but he’s very enthusiastic.


carrie@carriemesrobian.com

No comments: